This may be piecemeal but let me get started.
I was requested to build a dollhouse for my Great-Granddaughter for Christmas.
I said OK, give me the plans of what you want. Nothing appeared to this date.
So I found a picture of a house I like and started to build.
This is what I am working toward.
Scale is 1" = 1'
I decided that as I cut out the walls, etc, I am going to paint them before final assembly. This should be easier than trying to paint after assembly.
I laid out for two rooms on the first floor, living room and kitchen. Three rooms on the second level, two bedrooms and a bathroom, and an attic space on the third floor.
I measured out where my walls would be and painted the floor for the kitchen (tile floor)and living room (hardwood floor).
After I had laid out the rooms on the front section, I painted the walls for each room leaving unpainted areas that will be glued.
As you can see the living room will have a wainscoting finish. The kitchen is yellow. Left bedroom blue with a light stripe ( the light stripe is speckled on by rubbing you thumb over the bristles of a toothbrush), middle bedroom white and right bedroom cream. All finishes are speckled with different colors in the same color spectrum. ( an old theater trick, keeps some flaws, like where you nail, from being noticeable ) There will be white trim painted around the door and windows.
I should have known better than to ask the better half how it looked so far. Did a dry fit with the walls and first floor and a change order came down to make the kitchen larger, at least the wall wasn't fastened in place yet. So I had to add another row of tile in the kitchen and paint the kitchen color a foot into the living room.
So I got past that hurdle and did a dry fit again with the first two floors. The kitchen and living room passed inspection. Now there seems to be a problem on the second floor. The inspector showed up again and looked things over. Taking into account this is for a 4 year old, another change order came. This time to remove one wall on the second floor and make it two bed rooms. The bathroom was felt to be too small for a young one to maneuver things so it has been eliminated. I guess a small shack in the backyard is in order.
More repainting to do again.
I would like to add that everything is being built from scraps, no wood is purchased. The walls are actually 1/4" luan, all other parts are milled from 1X pine = 1/4" X 1/4", 1/4" X 1/2", 1/4" X 3/4", 1/4" X 1", 1/4" X 1 1/4", 1/2" X 1/2".
More to follow.